Monday 7 January 2013

Bariloche 27th to 29th Dec

Another beautiful, tree filled campsite, with great views and a groovy little bar this time. It had wifi so most people hit that with a vengence. My lack of patience with slow wifi meant I stayed by the fire. Spent time meandering around town and AGAIN failing to anticipate the size of an Argentinian burger and splitting it between two people.




Vanessa seeing how many free tasters of choc she could get









Rafting day arrived and I seriously questioned my courage. But with my overlanding adventuring heart, I went for it. With names like Devils intestines (allegedly, although the instructors may change the names daily to make life more interesting), we tackled about a dozen rapids. 8 of us did it, so we were all in one boat, which was great. Grade 3-4 rapids and if anyone says it was less cos the water was high, then I say fooey to you. I was nails and very proud to have done it despite being a bit scared. The hike up the hill once we got out of the boat was blinking tough and unexpected!












Back to the campsite in time for a very quick shower and change then off to Tony's in town for amazing steak. Tony was there, at the back, flinging meat around like nobody's business, wielding his big knife. Pete got a bit jealous and was only happy when Tony gave him a bigger knife to hold for a photo op.
Some of us then went to the Irish Bar (I sense a tradition forming) and those of us left to 'make sure Duncan gets home' had a great time, leading the way on the dancefloor with Duncan dancing at full pelt in what I can only describe as being a cross between the street dancers in that fatboy slim video and a monty python sketch.

















1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know that I am reading your blogs and really enjoying them. Haven't had any new hand prints for quite sometime but your visit to the caves has spurred me to invite some new hands to visit. I'm sure there are some out there.

    ReplyDelete