Monday 1 April 2013

24 -25 March Tayrona National Park

Now, THIS is the life! Camping on a beach! Ha haaaaa.




A lovely lazy couple of days, with hammock time, dodging falling coconuts and palm tree leaves, getting battered about in the lively waves, watching surfers and the odd Cuba Libre at the bar. Nice. Jeanne, Francois and I all managed to get in my hammock without it breaking. Evenings ended up with a fire on the beach, listening to the crashing waves. Nice.

Jeanne and I hit the beach


Duncan getting coconuts


3 double chins courtesy of Francois, Jeanne and me


Candles on the beach by the fire


Pete was in heaven getting out of the site as it involved a lot of sand matting. For the uninitiated, this means getting the metal mats out and setting them by the tyres to get enough grip to move. Watching Tony stood on the truck, pushing palm trees out of the way amused me.

I didn't manage to get a picture but watching the pelicans go off for the day (gone fishing) in the mornings was fabulous. They fly in a line of say 7 or 8, only inches above the waves, to save energy. Beautiful.

Chap waxing his board on his purpose built bracket


And this is how he gets about. Nice.


Kirsten and me at the bar


In my hammock, watching people make my dinner. Not too shabby.


Horse on the loose


Oh, the driving is worthy of comment because the people are even friendlier here. Everyone waves and we have even had sweets thrown in the truck. We stopped for a spot of lunch in a village and soon had people taking pictures of the mass of gringo's that had descended on them. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment