Monday 1 April 2013

26 - 28 March Cartagena

From beach to a beautiful, Spanish colonial town, popular with cruise ships, so with some posher shops/bars/restaurants. A walled city, it reminded me of York (of course) although the population here is 2 million and the walls are about 4 times the width.






View of the fort from our hotel


Fried goodness


Where else to practice your trumpet than on the walls overlooking the sea


graffiti


bit more graffiti


Ken considering joining in


I didn't manage to lay my hands on a segway


Following a walking tour of the city on the first morning, I spent my time here doing a lot of walking, people watching, Looking for another watch (to replace the £3 one I accidentally wore in the shower at the last campsite and thus killed), sampling local cuisine, oh and dancing samba or salsa (not sure which) with Francois and the locals.

Steve, Lisa and Robin posing for their latest album cover


Me and Francois having a go at a bit of salsa or something


Grabbing a local


Ok, time we went home


I also visited the gold museum, modern art museum and museum of the Spanish Inquisition. , culture. The crazy Colombians continue as some schoolgirls insisted on having their photo taken with me in the gold museum. With no underwear on show, I couldn't work out why, but Pete reckons its the ginger/blonde hair. It amused me anyway.

A bit they haven't spruced up yet


Easter decor


Used during the Spanish inquisition


Bit more...ouch


Spanish inquisition offices. Very nice.....for some



No comments:

Post a Comment